Moving and Handling, it is an essential part of domiciliary care which impacts upon the health and safety of both the client and the carer. The training covers:
- The importance of back care
- What the law says about moving and handling
- The cause of back pain
- Moving and handling equipment
- Efficient moving principles
- Dealing with falls
- Dangerous techniques
Safeguarding. The training covers:
- The different categories of abuse.
- How to recognise signs of abuse.
- Their responsibility and how to report abuse.
- The whistleblowing policy
- The legislations around Abuse.
Medication. All domiciliary care workers must be trained to understand how medication contributes to the care that the client receive.
- What is the key legislations
- What type of medications there are
- What their responsibilities are
- What to do if a mistake happens.
- Storage and security of medication
- Specialist techniques.
Infection Control. The training covers:
- Hand hygiene
- Personal protective equipment
- Waste management
- Catheter care
- Types of infections.
Health and Safety. The training covers:
- Legislations and regulations
- Policies and procedures
- Risk Assessments
- Responding to accidents and sudden illness
- Promoting fire safety
- Safety at work
- Managing stress
- Food safety
- Nutrition and hydration.
First Aid. The training cover:
- The role of the first aider
- Managing an emergency
- Health and safety regulations
- Unconscious casualty
- Seizures (adults)
The other training we do is specialist training this includes:
- Food and Nutrition
- Stroke awareness
- Enteral Feeding
- Acquired Brain Injury